2007年12月27日木曜日

Book Review 2-09: THE TROY STONE

I read THE TROY STONE. There is a stone at Troy. A main character finds it. Then, something happens to him suddenly when he cleans it. Is he OK!? Well, I will introduce you to a summary of this book.

Mark and Fay, his sister, are visiting the city of Troy. They are getting on a bus. At Troy, they start to look at the old city. After an hour, Mark sits under a tree. 'I'm going to stop here for a moment,' he tells Fay. Then, Mark sees a flat and yellow stone on the ground. He picks it up and starts to clean it with his hands. Suddenly, there is a white strong light in his eyes! Mark closes them. 10 seconds later, he is standing on a beach. He can see hundreds of ships and men. Then, one of men says to him, 'Boy! Come here! Carry these woods.' 'I don't know your face,' Mark says. 'Oh, are you new here?' the man says. 'Yes, I'm new here,' he says. The man's name is Andros. At the top of a small hill, there is a big wooden horse. 'This horse is going to win the war for us Greeks. However, we can't find a yellow and flat stone for the second eye. Do you know anything about it?' he says. 'Wait! I have it,' Mark says. 'Oh, that's it! We must thank you. You can come with us in the horse tomorrow night,' Andros says. At that night, the war breaks out. Mark sees the cruelty of the war. After a few minutes, 2 Trojans with sword come in the horse. 'I may be killed by them,' Mark thinks. They are about to kill him with sword. 'Please don't kill me! Don't kill me! Please!' he says. After that, Mark is under the tree. 'Mark! The bus is leaving in a minute,' Fay says. He looks at the yellow stone in his hand. He thinks it has special powers.

There are 2 interesting points for me in THE TROY STONE. The one is that the flat and yellow stone which Mark finds has a power which can make people who clean it be in the other world. This can be a turning point in this book. The other is that Mark sees the cruelty of the war. I think he learned we must never break out the war because of that although it isn't written in THE TROY STONE. As a whole, I think the content of it is a little mysterious. [385 words]

0 件のコメント: