2007年7月9日月曜日

Book Review 1-11: Streets of LONDON

I read Streets of London. There is a story about a woman who lives on the streets. In this connection, the scene of the story is in London.

Tina was good at drawing pictures, so she went to art school. For six months she was happy. 'You are good,' people said. However, one day, she had no money for her room! Therefore, she went to a lot of shops to find work, but she couldn't find. On the first night, Tina stopped at a shop door and sat there. Then, a man hit her on her arm. 'This is my place. Don't come here!' he said. She was in a box on the streets of London. Her home was there at that time. One day, she met Jimmy on the street. He played some Irish music. She talked to him and made friends with him. Next day, they worked in Trafalgar Square. Tina sold pictures which she painted. She got a little money. On the day, Jimmy said 'I'm going to Birmingham for a few days to see a friend.' Ten days later, a man asked her. 'My name's Martin. I can find work for you. I have an art studio. Could you work with me?' She went to his studio. Then, she drew such as sad, old and young people who are on the streets. At last, Tina got famous and had a boyfriend, Jake who is a famous photographer! One day, Tina met a young homeless girl. She painted pictures too. They were very good, so Tina took her to Martin's studio. Her name is Rose. She was beautiful. She painted some good children's pictures. However, she was a difficult girl. Because of this, Tina and Rose often quarreled each other. After Rose got famous, she left the studio. Then, she got a famous model. It was a difficult time for Tina, but she wasn't sad then. Tina started to think she wanted to see Jimmy again. She realized friends were very important when she thought so!

The story made me think about the importance of friends and mutual help when I read it. There is a point which I thought it was interesting. It is the process from Tina's life on the streets to her life in the studio. It isn't so difficult for you to understand the content of Streets of LONDON. Therefore, what do you say to reading it? I think you will like it!! [410 words]

0 件のコメント: