2008年1月4日金曜日

Book Review 2-15: Freckles

I read Freckles. A girl has a complex about her freckles. Boys don't like her because of them. A pretty girl, the girl's good friend, has a beautiful face, so she can go out with any boy. The girl who has the complex always fells envious about it. One day, a boy who takes history with them gets to like one of them. Which girls does he like?

Susie has freckles and she hates them very much. Donna, her good friend, has pretty hair, blue eyes and nice teeth. Therefore, she can go out with any boy. Susie always feels envious about it. One day, they see a boy in a school cafeteria. He is Jack. He takes history with them, but they have never talked with him. Since he is looking at them, Donna thinks he likes her. After that, she asks Susie to talk to him about what he likes or dislikes some times. Then, they know he likes dancing and writing poems, and he dislikes sports. Amazingly, Susie writes poems too! From the day when they know Jack writes them downward, Susie and Jack get to talk more than before each other. Next day, Donna tells her to ask him to go to a disco at school with Donna. Susie says so to him, but he can't decide to go to the disco with Donna then. She gets angry about it. One day, Jack calls Susie. He wants her advice. She gets happy because people don't usually ask for her advice. 'Hi. I like a girl at school, but I can't tell her. I think she likes me. However, am I right, and how do I know?' he says. She thinks it is Donna. 'You have to see and tell the girl. She likes you very much, so don't be afraid!' Susie answers. 'I see. I will ask her to go to a disco with me tomorrow. Thank you,' he says. However, she is mistaken about the talk. It is Susie that Jack likes. Tomorrow, she knows it by talking with him. After Donna knows he likes Susie, she gets very angry because she believes he likes her. Then, Jack and Susie get great friends. She thinks her freckles are great since they get so.

Freckles included an impressive scene. It is that Jack could go out with Susie. Although I thought she was mistaken about him, and he couldn't go out with her, he could clean up the misunderstanding easily. Therefore, I was a little surprised at it. Just a random thought, but I thought Donna tended to get the wrong idea about love because she believed Jack liked her very much with only being seen for a few seconds. [454 words]

0 件のコメント: